- 1 package of filo dough defrosted
- 300g butter
- 100g Ghee (Aseel)
- 500g of almonds or pistachios (reserve a spoonful for decoration)
- 1 tbsp of orange blossom water
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350oF.
- Coarsely chop almonds or pistachios and mix in the cinnamon.
- Melt the butter and ghee together.
- Lay flat 1 filo sheet and brush on the melted butter. Repeat with 4 sheets laying one over the other and spoon a generous layer of nuts, carefully avoiding the boarders.
- Roll up into a tight roll.
- Butter the entire surface of the roll and cut diagonally into 8-12 pieces.
- Repeat steps 4-6 until all of the filling is used.
- Place on baking sheet and bake until golden. Approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Melt honey and mix with orange blossom.
- Once baklava is cooled for 5 minutes, coat with melted honey.
- Decorate with remaining nuts.